Schedules are subject to change. Check here before you head out.
Attention 15U A thru 18U AAA: Due to anticipated Lower SE Field repairs in March, locations have changed from Nanaimo Park to other fields.
Attend as many evaluation dates as possible. Dress warm for the outdoor sessions!
All players must be registered in their age division before starting evaluations.
If you've been unable to register online, onsite registration will be available at VMBA Nanaimo Park Clubhouse (along with cheque and cash payments) on:
- Cancelled due to snow: Sun. Feb 5th from 10 - 11:30 am
- Sat. Feb 25th from 10 am - 12 pm
- Sat. Mar. 4th from 11 am - 3 pm
11U Mosquito - SW Field (across from Corpus Christi Church)
- Sat Mar 11th Nanaimo Park 1 - 3 pm
- Sun Mar 19th Nanaimo Park 1 - 3 pm
13U Pee Wee (NW Field)
- Sat Mar 4 Nanaimo Park 1:00 - 3 pm
- Sun Mar 5 Nanaimo Park 3:00 - 5 pm (note time change)
- Sat Mar 11 Nanaimo Park 11:00 am - 1 pm
- Sun Mar 12 Nanaimo Park 11:00 am - 1 pm
15U Bantam A & AA
- Sat Feb 25 Nanaimo Park 10 am - 12 pm (Lower SE Field)
- Sat Mar 4 Clinton Park 1 - 3 pm
- Sun Mar 5 Clinton Park 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Sat Mar 11 Clinton Park 11 am - 1 pm
- Sun Mar 12 Clinton Park 11 am - 1 pm
Clinton Park is located at Slocan & 1st Avenue
If more sessions are needed, coaches will direct.
15U Bantam AAA - West Coast Cardinals
See West Coast Cardinals website for Evaluation Try-Out Schedule. Try-outs start Feb. 4th.
All players must be registered in their home associations before starting these evaluations.
- Vancouver Minor (VMBA) players: Register thru our website.
- Tri-Cities or PoCo players: Go to your association's website.
- On-site registration (for VMBA players only) is also available on Sunday Feb. 5th from 9 am to 11 am @ Nanaimo Park Clubhouse.
NEW FOR 2017: Tryout Fee. If a player would like to try-out for the 2017 West Coast Bantam AAA Cardinals he/she must pay a one-time $25.00 tryout fee (cash or cheque payable to 'Luke Yam' at their first tryout). The tryout fee is to cover indoor facility costs at The Ball Yard at Sports Central.
18U Midget AA (Killarney Park, Field near Kerr St)
- Sat Mar 4 Killarney Park 11 am - 1 pm
- Sun Mar 5 Killarney Park 10 am - 12 pm
- Sat Mar 11 Killarney Park 1 - 3 pm
- Sun Mar 12 Killarney Park 1 - 3 pm
18U Midget AAA - North Fraser Nationals
All players must be registered before starting these evaluations.
- VMBA Players register with VMBA online through our website.
- Burnaby Players register with your home association (Bby or South Bby).
- All others: Register in one of VMBA, Burnaby Minor or South Bby Baseball. You must email your home association's President or Co-ordinator that you are trying out for this team and cc VMBA President Mary McCann at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE your first session.
Tryout Fee: $20 cash at first session (receipt will be provided). Anyone not able to attend one or more of the dates listed below MUST contact John Wong at email@example.com as soon as possible to make arrangements.
Players should attend as many of the dates listed below as possible, but should attend a minimum of 4 total tryouts with at least 1 indoor session. These try-outs are only open for those wanting to play 18U AAA.
Indoor Training at Richmond Oval (6111 River Rd, Richmond, BC )
- Mon Feb 13 10 am - 12 pm
- Sun Feb 19 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- Sun Feb 26 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Outdoor Training (Parks)*
- Sat Feb 25 12 - 2 pm Nanaimo Park (Lower SE Diamond)
- Fri Mar 3 7 - 9 pm Location To be Announced
- Sat Mar 4 12 - 2 pm Ron McLean Park (possible Exhibition Game)
- Sun Mar 5 12:30 - 2:30 pm Location to be Determined (originally scheduled for Nanaimo Park) - Possible Exhibition Game
*Outdoor training dates/times may change, pending field availability, confirmation and weather.